Are you thinking of adding a little bundle of joy to the family this year?
Take this fun test to find out if you can cope with living and looking after your new pup…
*Best taken in the autumn or mid-winter.
1. Buy a lead and tie it to a big stone, walk around dragging the stone behind you.
2. Get up at 5am, go out in the pouring rain and walk up and down a muddy path, repeating good girl/boy, wee wees…poo poos, quickly please!
3. Stuff your pockets with plastic bags and pick up all the poo you can find, obviously not your dogs as you have not bought it yet 😊
4. Start wearing your shoes indoors, especially during muddy times.
5. Collect leaves off the ground and spread them on the floor.
6. Carry sticks and branches indoors and chop them up on your carpet.
7. Pour cold apple juice on the rug and floor….walk barefooted over it in the dark.
8. Drop some chocolate pudding on your carpet in the morning and then try to clean it in the evening.
9. Wear socks to which you have made holes using a blender.
10. Jump out of your favourite chair just before the movie ends and run to open back door.
11. Cover all your best clothes with dog hair, dark clothes with blond hairs and light clothes with dark hairs.
12. Tip all just ironed clothes on the floor.
13. Make little pin holes in all your furniture, especially chair and table legs.
14. When doing dishes, splash water all over the place and don’t wipe it.
15. Spread toilet paper all over the house when you leave the house and tidy up when you get back home.
16. Forget any impulse holidays and/or breaks.
17. Always go home straight after work or school.
18. Go walkies no matter what the weather, and inspect every dirty paper, chewing gum and dead fly you might find.
19. Wake up at 3am. Place a correct size bag of flour on top of yourself and try to sleep, whilst wiping your face with a dishcloth, which you have left next to your bed in a bowl last week.
Repeat every day over 6 months and if you still think getting puppy sounds like a good idea… Congratulations, you might be ready to get your puppy!
Do you have a new puppy?
Digs for Dogs offer a specialist service to ensure that your new ball of energy is happy and settled when you are not around, getting the attention and socialisation that is so important during the first months.
We provide companionship and care visits that include house or garden play, feeding – and plenty of cuddles and affection. When your puppy is ready, we will start short walks from your house which will develop into a full walk as the dog gets older, stronger and more socialised.
Whatever your puppy needs, we can help to ensure that he or she gets the best start in life.
Contact us today for more information:
01204 895 355