It’s spooky season! The nights are drawing in, walkies are getting wetter, and Howl-o-Ween is creeping up…
So why not try some of our spine-tingling recipes, which are pawfect to enjoy snuggled down with your pups this Autumn. We’re sure your creepy canines will do plenty of tricks for these devilishly delicious treats…
💀 Bonio-fied Biscuits!
What you need:
🦴 300g plain flour
🦴 100g rolled oats
🦴 2 bananas
🦴 2 eggs
🦴 1 tbsp water
🦴 250g peanut butter (ensure this doesn’t contain xylitol sweetener, as this can be harmful to dogs)
🦴 Bone-shaped cookie cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Blend the (peeled) bananas, eggs, water and peanut butter. Or you can mash the bananas with a fork and whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and oats, then add to the wet mixture.
3. Mix together (using a spoon, hands, or paws), until it forms a dough.
4. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough to around 1cm in thickness. Use a bone-shaped cutter to cut your biscuits.
5. Add your biscuits to a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Leave to cool fully, then share with your dog!
🧛♂️ Count Dogula Cakes!
In honour of the Great British Bake Off, which we are obsessed with again this year, this creepy cupcake recipe is by finalist Kate Lyon. The ghoulish looking middle resembles an eyeball, making it the perfect Halloween snack!
Makes 12 cupcakes…
🩸 200g blueberries
🩸 1 ripe banana
🩸 225ml water
🩸 450g rolled oats
🩸 Halloween cupcake cases
🩸 Muffin tray
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and line your muffin tray with cupcake cases.
2. Put the peeled banana, blueberries and water into a blender. Mix until smooth and pour onto the oats. Stir well.
3. Tablespoon the mix and roll into a ball using damp hands (to prevent sticking) and place one in each cupcake case. Slightly flatten and place a blueberry on top of each.
4. Bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove cases from tray and leave to cool completely on a wire rack before sharing with your mummified mutts!
Make sure you tag @digsfordogs in your photos of your ghoulish creations 👻