Happy National Dog Day!
Every year, on 26th August, we celebrate our best friends…
National Dog Day celebrates all dogs, mixed breed and pure! We use this day to recognise the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year, acknowledge family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort.
Dogs brighten up our lives every day – as family members, helping the disabled, protecting us in service and now they’re even detecting cancer!
We know a dogs love is unconditional, and we know you love them everyday – but why not show them how much you truly care and celebrate with them today.
10 Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day…
- Throw a National Dog Day Party! Why not host a Dogs Dinner!
- Send a dog related gift to a friend or family member.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to a local animal welfare charity or sanctuary.
- Spend the day taking photos of your dog having fun and tag @digsfordogs so we can share them with our dog-loving community!
- Make your dog some homemade toys – see our Crafty Canines Blog for some easy ideas.
- Bake your dog some homemade treats. Nutritious & Delicious 🙂
- Give your pup a brush and pamper at home – maybe even a relaxing massage after a good long walk!
- Go somewhere you haven’t been before for ‘walkies’ – or even to the beach.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Treat them to a fancy new collar or stylish bandana (with matching lead of course).
Have a pawsome day!