Happy Pancake Day!
Arguably the best day of the month – but we can’t forget to include the pooch!
Treat them to the ultimate dog-friendly pancakes this year with our quick and easy recipe…
Non-stick frying pan
Medium mixing bowl
(Bone shaped cutter or squeezy bottle with a thin nozzle – if you have one!)
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
1.5 tbsp. melted butter or vegetable oil
1 tbsp. honey
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups sliced banana, strawberries, mango (whatever your pup prefers)
1 cup plain yogurt
1. Whisk the eggs, milk, butter and honey in a medium bowl.
2. Sieve both flours, baking powder and cinnamon together.
3. Gently mix the dry and wet ingredients.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat & spray with cooking spray.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake & cook until bubbles begin to form and break in the batter.
(or, with the squeezy bottle, draw the outline of the shape (bone, paw or pup if you’re feeling creative!), then fill in the details with the rest of the mixture.)
6. Press a few pieces of fruit into each pancake, then flip and cook until brown on the bottom (about 2 minutes).
7. To serve, add a few dollops of yogurt and top with the remaining fruit or peanut butter for a real treat!
So what will it be.. pancakes for breakfast, lunch AND dinner?